Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault AllegationJune 14, 2018 9:20am

A special entertainment task force is reviewing a sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone, prosecutors in Los Angeles County have confirmed. Greg Risling, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, says prosecutors are investigating whether the 71-year-old actor should face charges in connection with the alleged incident, which dates back to the 1990s, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Police say the woman reported the alleged incident to police in Santa Monica in November last year. Police haven't revealed anything about the nature of the allegation, and it's not clear how charges could be filed: Sexual assault allegations from the 1990s are too old to prosecute under the statute of limitations that was in place in California at the time.



Martin Singer, Stallone's lawyer, is pushing back hard against the allegation. He tells CNN that his client "categorically denies" the allegation and says it is "inappropriate" to "try to ruin" somebody with it.

"It's outrageous that the DA's office and PD would announce this information because it makes the public think that there's something there," Singer says. The lawyer tells the New York Post that Stallone met the woman while filming Rambo III in the late 1980s and they had a "consensual, sexual" relationship for several years.

Singer, who says Stallone didn't hear from the woman until after the Harvey Weinstein scandal last year, accuses prosecutors of trying to appease the "#MeToo generation." (Jamie Foxx is also denying a sexual assault claim.)

More From Newser

This article originally appeared on Newser: Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault Allegation

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

The incredible surprise I discovered about my church’s Bible club — 17 years laterThe summer of 1999, my friend Dawn Compton and I volunteered to work at a Backyard Bible Club in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Women wearing red gloves while protesting at Plaza del Ayuntamiento square after three of five men granted bail after being acquitted of gang rape leave Pamplona's penitentiary, in Pamplona, northern Spain, Friday, June 22, 2018. Spanish prosecutors are filing an appeal against a court decision granting bail to five men acquitted of gang rape and convicted instead of sexual abuse, a lesser felony. (AP Photo/Alvaro Barrientos)
Protests in Spain over sex case; 5 suspects at home on bail
FILE - This combination of photos shows Dr. Richard Strauss, left, from a 1978 Ohio State University employment application, and Michigan State doctor Dr. Larry Nassar, right, during a Nov. 22, 2017 plea hearing in Lansing, Mich. Ohio State is investigating accusations against Strauss, a former team physician at the school, only months after Nassar was convicted and imprisoned for molesting women and girls. Some schools are exploring whether more oversight is needed for figures in such powerful positions. (Ohio State University and AP Photo/Paul Sancya, File)
College sports doctors under new scrutiny amid scandals
A Heavy Metal Legend, Gone at 54When Vincent Paul Abbott co-founded his heavy metal band in 1981, he likely didn't know that it would enjoy multi-decade success, earn four Grammy nominations, and have a near-constant place on the Billboard charts. But that's exactly the path Pantera took, which is why fans are devastated to hear Abbott,...
Anthony Bourdain's Toxicology Report Reveals One Substance
FILE - In this June 22, 2018 file photo, Jenna Ortega attends the 2018 Radio Disney Music Awards at Loews Hotel in Los Angeles. Ortega wore a green, hooded military jacket reading “I do care and u should too” on the red carpet at the Radio Disney Music Awards Friday night, to counter the “I really don't care, do u?" jacket the first lady wore as she left to visit detained migrant children this week.(Photo by Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)
Teen actress wears 'I do care' jacket to protest first lady
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices