Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault AllegationJune 14, 2018 9:20am

A special entertainment task force is reviewing a sexual assault allegation against Sylvester Stallone, prosecutors in Los Angeles County have confirmed. Greg Risling, a spokesman for the district attorney's office, says prosecutors are investigating whether the 71-year-old actor should face charges in connection with the alleged incident, which dates back to the 1990s, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Police say the woman reported the alleged incident to police in Santa Monica in November last year. Police haven't revealed anything about the nature of the allegation, and it's not clear how charges could be filed: Sexual assault allegations from the 1990s are too old to prosecute under the statute of limitations that was in place in California at the time.



Martin Singer, Stallone's lawyer, is pushing back hard against the allegation. He tells CNN that his client "categorically denies" the allegation and says it is "inappropriate" to "try to ruin" somebody with it.

"It's outrageous that the DA's office and PD would announce this information because it makes the public think that there's something there," Singer says. The lawyer tells the New York Post that Stallone met the woman while filming Rambo III in the late 1980s and they had a "consensual, sexual" relationship for several years.

Singer, who says Stallone didn't hear from the woman until after the Harvey Weinstein scandal last year, accuses prosecutors of trying to appease the "#MeToo generation." (Jamie Foxx is also denying a sexual assault claim.)

More From Newser

This article originally appeared on Newser: Prosecutors Reviewing Stallone Sexual Assault Allegation

Page 1 of 1

More Stories Like This

FILE - In this Sept. 19, 2017, file photo, Les Moonves, chairman and CEO of CBS Corporation, poses at the premiere of the new television series "Star Trek: Discovery" in Los Angeles. Two of the most powerful men in the U.S. television industry lost their jobs at least partly due to sexual misconduct allegations. Moonves stepped down as head of CBS Corp. Moonves has denied the allegation against him. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)
Allegations against Kavanaugh pose test for #MeToo movement
Asia Argento to Rose McGowan: You will be hearing from my lawyersAsia Argento tweeted Rose McGowan will be hearing from her lawyers on Tuesday after she failed to retract her statement claiming the Italian actress admitted to having sex with Jimmy Bennett.
Anita Hill Offers Advice to Senators
ABC News star Matthew Dowd slammed for calling Justice Clarence Thomas a ‘sexual predator’ABC News chief political analyst Matthew Dowd was slammed after calling Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas a “sexual predator” on Twitter when apparently attempting to smear Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
Anita Hill on planned Brett Kavanaugh hearing: 'There are ways to do better'In an op-ed published in The New York Times on Tuesday, Anita Hill took aim at the Senate Judiciary Committee as it deals with the sexual assault allegations leveled against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh – harkening back to her own experiences with the committee in 1991.
Surgeon seen on Bravo reality show, girlfriend allegedly drugged, sexually assaulted womenA California orthopedic surgeon who once appeared on a Bravo reality TV show and his girlfriend were charged with drugging and sexually assaulting two women, the Orange County District Attorney’s Office said Tuesday.
AdChoices

Related Searches

Related Searches

AdChoices